Job Loss – Be aware of these reactions
Seeking support from family, thinking positively and staying physically active will help to reduce this roller coaster of emotions.
Are you asking yourself
- Where can I go for help?
- Where can I get financial support?
- What can I do to help my family cope?
- Where are the jobs?
- Why are resumes and cover letters so important?
- Do I have the education and training I need?
- How do I feel about starting my own business?
- Am I starting each day with a plan?
Keep your body and mind healthy – you will experience a range of emotions that aren’t always friendly.
- Stay active, go to a community resource centre, library, don’t stay home.
- Volunteer in the community, it is a great way to network and make contacts.
- Stay in touch with friends, catch up on projects, find free events in the community.
Upgrading, Retraining, Starting a Business:
- Continue your education and improve your literacy.
- Do what you love
- Start your own business
- Search beyond the newspaper classifieds.
- If you do not have internet at home, go to your local community resource centre to search on line for jobs.