Professional Occupations in Business Management Consulting
Professionals in this unit group provide services to management such as analyzing the structure, operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements. They are employed by management consulting firms and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Provide guidance and support to businesses on regulatory policies and procedures; ensure internal compliance with regulatory requirements; and prepare submissions and filings with regulatory bodies
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- health information management consultant
- records management specialist
- ISO consultant
- business methods analyst
- organizational analysis consultant
- organizational analyst
- business management consultant
- operations management senior consultant
- organization and methods researcher
- management analyst
(Government of Canada National Occupation Classification)
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Most college/university programs in Ontario require an OSSD or Mature Student Status
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or a related discipline is usually required
- A graduate degree in business administration may be reqired
- Some establishments may require management consultants to be certified by an Ontario management consulting association.
- Certification as a quality auditor may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Occupations in health information management consulting may require certification by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
Potential Earnings in Durham Region
The average and median wages and salaries for individuals employed as professionals in business management consulting are as follows. Place of Residence (POR) is defined as individuals who reside within the Durham Region. Place of Work (POW) is defined as individuals who are employed within the Durham Region.
|Median Wages and Salaries (POR)||Average Wages and Salaries (POR)||Median Wages and Salaries (POW)||Average Wages and Salaries (POW)|
|Industry (NAICS)||Jobs in Durham Region (POW)||Durham Region Residents Employed (POR)|
|5416 Management, scientific and technical consulting services||175||250|
(Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development 2016 data in Durham Workforce Authority’s 2017 Sector Report)
- Canadian Health Information Management Association: https://www.echima.ca/
- Canadian Association of Management Consultants:https://www.cmc-canada.ca/home